Wood Stove Sparks Trucking Company Fire

Salem, VA – A fire that swept through a Virginia trucking company last weekend causing almost a quarter of a million dollars worth of damage has been ruled an accident.

Last Saturday at approximately 8 p.m., the Salem Fire & EMS Department says it responded to a fire at H.M. Montgomery Trucking Co. in the 2100 block of Salem Industrial Drive.

Twenty-five first responders from Salem and Roanoke County fought the blaze for more than two hours.

According to officials, windy conditions made the fire more difficult to contend with.

 

Sadly, one Roanoke County firefighter suffered a “minor injury” and was transported to a nearby hospital, authorities say.

Crews were eventually able to contain the blaze, but not before the flames caused an estimated $200,000 worth of damage to the structure.

Investigators later determined the fire was accidentally sparked by a wood stove inside the commercial building.

That same evening a trucking company in Pasco, WA, Harms Pacific Transport, also reported a blaze on its property.


CLICK BELOW TO READ MORE


A total of seven tractors and one trailer sustained heavy damage.

Investigators in this case initially indicated the blaze didn’t appear to be suspicious, but that investigation is ongoing.

 


FOLLOW TNN ON FACEBOOK & TWITTER FOR MORE TRUCKING NEWS!


If you enjoyed this article, please help us grow by sharing it. Thank you!

SHARE YOUR COMMENTS



Pin It on Pinterest

Share This