Best and Worst Truck Stop Chains

Transportation Nation Network Forums Best and Worst Truck Stop Chains

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Randall R. Kniess 5 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Which truck stop chain do you think best meets your needs? Which is the worst?

#44566 Reply

Jarhead314

Pilot X 4 on I-59 in Georgia was the worst…IMHO bcuz their hot water went out and it took 2 months to replace!! WTF?? As HIGH as prices are in TS’S this should have been done OVERNIGHT!!

#44567 Reply

Jarhead314

Pilot X 4 on I-59 in Georgia was the worst…IMHO bcuz their hot water went out and it took 2 months to replace!! WTF?? As HIGH as prices are in TS’S this should have been done OVERNIGHT!!

#51383 Reply

I have four major truck stop chains that I refuse to do business with. At one time I would use them, but they hurt themselves by trimming what was once considered good service to truckers and replacing it with corporate mismanagement. The four top chains merged and as a result ruined the reputation of the weakest acquisition. T/A ruined Petro and Pilot poisoned Flying J. When T/A bought out the old 76 truckstops, gone was a free cup of coffee and good restaurant service. It may depend on locations, but all it takes is a few bad times and I place them off limits for all.
    My favorite chain may be large and expanding, but has treated me above and beyond my expectations. Love’s Travel Stops doesn’t make me jump through hoops to get a free shower, a cup of coffee or soda, or great service. I get more fuel points and better deals in their convenience stores. I’ll take $0.04 on my card per gallon of cheaper fuel prices, than a penny at higher costs to my company. When I walk in, I’m usually greeted with a friendly, “Welcome to Love’s!”, rather than a scowl and grunt. Even their signage tells me that Love’s has a heart for truckers. To me Petro/T/A stands for Tight A$$ and now Pilot/Flying J is more like they don’t give a flying flip about drivers and service.
    This is my opinion of the biggest 5

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Best and Worst Truck Stop Chains
Your information:

Pin It on Pinterest